Monday, February 18, 2008

Battling the Psoas



I finally succumbed to going to the physio and getting my thigh/hip pain sorted.
After checking me out, turns out I have a very tight and shortened psoas muscle. My glutes and hip flexors are not much better either. It was only a matter of time before it caught up with me, as I am very slack when it comes to stretching and massages. He released the psoas and it felt good. The week ended well with a good run along the Old Great North Rd trail at Wisemans Ferry. It was fantastic getting out there again, not another soul on the trail. The rest of the week was a battle with this injury but I am now on an intensive 3 week taper with the main goal to become friends with my psoas again.

Mon- 14.45km- longuie Loop
Tue- 12km Longuie Loop
Wed- 19.5km LCNP gates return.
Thu- 10km- New trails along Lane Cove River, great fun.
Fri- 4km return to physio.
Sat- 38km Old Great North Rd.
Sun- 8.3km Recovery local burbs

Total-106km

6 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, February 18, 2008, Blogger Superflake said...

Looking good for Six Foot Spud. I might do the half at GC, certainly not the marathon.

 
At 8:27 PM, February 18, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

Ah the dreaded psoas - a nemesis of mine from waaaay back!

Glad to hear you are back on track!

 
At 1:36 AM, February 19, 2008, Blogger Tesso said...

Learn something new every day. Today I googled 'psoas' and found out heaps :-)

 
At 9:05 AM, February 19, 2008, Blogger undercover brother said...

narky psoas?
taper time!

 
At 9:16 AM, February 19, 2008, Blogger Horrie said...

Need to get that psoas sorted Spud. Remember there are plenty of races on the calendar for the rest of the year. It only shows that you are human after all. We were all starting to wonder. ;-)

 
At 4:44 PM, February 24, 2008, Blogger Ewen said...

Dodgy psoas eh? In that case if you're giving Horrie the 30 minute start, I'm putting the six-pack on him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home