Forced taper
Spent the week managing this hip/thigh injury which has plagued my training of late.
Went to the physio on Weds after a pretty painful start to the week and after stretching and releasing the psoas he asked me to run down the street and back to assess whether there was an immediate improvement. Nada, I came back feeling somewhat dejected. So with a heavily reduced program and a 4 day course of ibuprofen I went out on Friday feeling a whole lot better. Saturdays run was the best with little pain and a decent time for my local 13km loop.
Mon-10km- College
Tue-5km easy
Wed-12.2km Longuie Loop (phtsio visit)
Thu-Rest
Fri-9.5km River trails
Sat-13km-Local loop
Sun-Rest
Total=49km


6 Comments:
Sounds familiar - happy to talk if interested.
Plu
Some of my best work has been off a forced taper ;-)
Trust the base that you've got & take it easy this week.
Fingers crossed that your psoas is behaving itself again before Saturday!
stop complaining.
what u really need to do is get yourself a better medical advice team!
looking forward to seeing you and your psoas on friday.
Forced tapers have worked for me in the past :) Could be one of those blessings in disguise. Hope so! At least you will have enough energy on Friday to give the Bro a decent punch in the belly.
Just suck it up and enjoy it Spud. I am sure you will have a good run. You've never had a bad one that I can remember.
Dose up and cross your fingers on Saturday - hope it works out - although I'm glad I put that six-pack on Horrie ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home