Six Foot Track 2008
I'm a ver happy chappy today.
With perfect conditions on the day, in fact the best I can recall in 7 attempts, it’s no wonder so many PBs were ran. I was very surprised with my run, coming off less training than I would have liked and yet pulling a 3 min PB out of the hat!
Ran fairly conservatively to the river in a nice conga line, splitting 2 mins down on last year before finding good legs on the climbs. Topped out on Pluvio nearly 2 minutes ahead of last years KOM split? Who needs hill training, must have been the favourable weather?
I passed several runners along the Black Range, tapping out what felt like a reasonable pace. Got the fuglies near Deviation but held it together to make good time to the road. The final stretch from the road to the finish was my best ever. I ran hard and with the odd pang of cramp in the calves hammered it down Mt George fire trail to the finish. Wonderful reception as ever and the beer never tasted so good.
Happy days, it seems the hip has behaved. Dropped a couple of nurofen at the start and never felt it, fingers crossed.
Splits:
Nellies-13min
Mega-42min
River-1.22
LemonTree-1.47
Mini-1.58
Alum-2.07
Pluvi-2.44
Dev-3.39
Caves Rd-4.00
Finish-4.39


9 Comments:
Good Jawb.
another great weekend in the mountains.
Wow, what a great time. Huge congrats Spud!
Good on you Phil. Even if Horrie hadn't run with Belinda he wouldn't have got within 30 minutes of that time ;)
Yes, cool and good traction (damp but not muddy) up the hills made for fast times.
Spud,
Great run, reckon i'll have to look over my shoulder for you next year.
Will admit this years conditions were ideal for PB's (if you can handle the cold which i swear i can't), but you still had to go out and do it (does that mean you have gone faster every year ???),
Kelvin
That's incredible Spud, but I'm not surprised.
Huge congrats. Hope the recovery goes well
Great dark horse run Spud. How good are PB's when you are not expecting them. I'm glad the injury held out.
Getting to caves house from deviation in an hour is solid! Woo hoo!
Well done.
BTW what is "the fuglies"?
mellum pb.
noice!
Great run Spud. Next year if you are not injured in training you might crack that 4:30.
Top result Spud. I just love it when you go out and race and don't have high expectations due to having time off for injury or just not doing the training you would have liked....and then you go and get a pb!!! Its a great feeling and one you no doubt deserve.
So....are you still drinking the great tasting beer?
Post a Comment
<< Home