Thursday, July 09, 2009

Good to go..

Well I leave for Thailand and Europe next week. I might try and use this blog to update my progress/experiences as I go and in the lead up to UTMB etc.
Training has been great, really enjoying a new program thanks to some very good coaching from Martin Fryer. I've been doing 3 quality sessions a week with average totals 100-120km. This will increase to 160kms for 2 weeks before tapering for the race at the end of August. The body has been coping well with the change in training albeit a bit of a shock to the system, suddenly running repeats at the track and adding hillwork too, but I'm sure I'll reap the benefits soon enough. It's still early days.
Next week will be a reduced mileage week where I'll be in Thailand visiting a mate for a few days before flying to Dublin. I have a 36km (1000mtr ascent)trail race lined up on the 2nd August in the mountains just outside Dublin and will be incorporating this into a big training week.
I'll be running 12FT as a solid long run this Saturday. Put some feelers out on the CR site for some company but alas looks like I'll be running solo. Goal time of 11.30-12hrs so not a full throttle run but solid enough off no taper.

Very excited to be travelling again..

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, July 09, 2009, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Have fun. Look forward to reading some updates on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home