Sunday Long Run
Up early for a local long run. No driving to a STaR meant I could lie in for an extra hour. Hit the road at 6:40am with 2 layers, gloves and my Camelbak. I decided to try the "zenless" music thing again, so grabbed my phone and cranked up the radio. Distraction may be good for some but it's not for me. In fact at one stage whilst listening to some classical music, I realised I was plodding along at close to 6min/km pace, quickly changed the channel and turned it up.
I ran through the suburbs Vineyard, Box Hill and Maraylaya, enjoying the cool countryside. Strange looks from cows and an Alpacha that almost shat itself as I passed by.After hitting Scheyville National park I decided it was time to eat something, so downed a powerbar.
I could feel yesterdays 10km effort but was happy to run on tired legs, all good training.
Running happily along Old Pitt town road I was startled by a bulldog that came out of nowhere intent on having a piece of me. I tried the usual, stopping and talking to it, but it wasn't having any of it. I retreated the the otherside of the road as the mutt snarled, when its owner appeared yelling and apologising. That little episode certainly got the adrenaline pumping and I proceeded to knock out some 4:45s.
Needed to get back in time to drive my eldest daughter off to ballet class, so kept the pace fairly honest arriving home in 3:14 and 36km.
Total for week=116km


2 Comments:
Maybe the dog didn't understand your Irish accent ;-)
I'm not much of a fan of dogs, and that incident looked a bit scary to me. I'd give credit to the owner for apologising though.
Post a Comment
<< Home