Smashed up
Well I have to say I have never been so smashed up after a race not even the 100milers. My quads are that minced I could barely walk on Monday, managed a 20 minute lunchtime walk in an effort to clear the legs of glug. Yesterday, I kitted up all ready for a lunchtime run around Blackman Park, a few easy laps on grass. When I went to run, I couldn't, not even a shuffle! Ended up walking gingerly around the park for 30 minutes.
Today, I went for an easy midweek run through LCNP with Brendan, Tony and Scott. Again, felt like crap, tight left hammie, cactus quads, at least I was running though. It's all Whippet's fault for making me run hard to stay in touch with him ;-)
Focus is on recovery now for GNW, so I'll throw in some biking and swimming.
Note to self: Do more hard downhill running for WS!


4 Comments:
Welcome to my world Spud ;-)
Good to see you have recovered enough to get out for a run today though - just take it easy for the next couple of days and you will be ready to sharpen up for GNW - not long now.
Sorry to see that your quads are angry Spud. They better get used to it as C2K is just around the corner! Wishing you a swift recovery mate. :)
That sounds too familar. Hope your feeling better soon.
Not to worry Spud. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Good to see that you are human after all.
Post a Comment
<< Home