Sunday, March 23, 2008

Momentum

I had a good week this past week. The injury has definitely settled and I am loving getting out there again and enjoying my training once more.
I tried out some barefoot running at the grass track and absolutely loved it, felt like a kid again, very liberating. I will try to get a few kms in every week and build it up.Sadly not enough time for the bike though.

A big week with a solid hitout at the Wiseman's Ferry Fatass run. 7 days Sunday-Sat had me topping out with 154kms.

Mon-10km College Run
Tue-15km Longuie Loop with laps on grass oval.
Wed-20km LCNP (gates return)
Thu-10km GNW/River run (1200mtrs barefoot at Rotary Track)
Fri-8.3km Local tempo
Sat-61km Great North Road Fatass (Wiseman's Ferry)
Sun-3.2km Barefoot on grass recovery..

Total=127.5km (4.5km barefoot)

3 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, huge week Spud. No wonder you didn't have time for the bike.

 
At 11:24 PM, March 25, 2008, Blogger undercover brother said...

i like momentum.
youre turning into a barefoot nut yunno!

 
At 10:54 AM, March 29, 2008, Blogger Ewen said...

Love the barefoot. I must ditch the Frees before the grass gets too icy.

I think you're onto something with the biking (in the non-154k weeks) - Trevor Jacobs does heaps and it doesn't do his trail running any harm ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home