Monday, April 14, 2008

Canberra Marathon/Ultra

How much fun was that! I had a very rewarding experience dragging a sizeable group around Canberra in 4hrs. They were an interesting group and liked a chat too, well at least until the business end of the race. Managed to get all of the group I had with me through under 4hrs, some flying off into the distance a few kms from the finish.
The real fun began then on the bike path loop to finish off the 7.8km and the 50km. I was on relatively good legs compared to most runners still out there and as a result passed a good dozen runners or so. Pleased to be able to turn on a bit of speed at the end.
Too much fun with a few CRs in the car on the way there and back, all up a top weekend.

Run total-74kms

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, April 15, 2008, Blogger Ewen said...

I bet they appreciated the good pacing too. Glad you were able to have a bit of fun on the bitumen for a change.

 
At 8:11 PM, April 16, 2008, Blogger Tesso said...

Its not often that one wishes they were a slower runner. But when I saw you and the pack on Sunday I was so envious of them all. It looked like so much fun!

Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home